Experienced Digital Business Strategist, Product, and Marketing Manager
Accomplished digital leader with proven record of launching and growing business, audience, and product for vertical communities. Excited by problem solving and connecting consumers with solutions I:
- Analyze data and market trends to target and execute on opportunity
- Establish go-forward strategies, create business plans, write requirements, and manage P&Ls
- Orchestrate multi-disciplined teams and foster company talent
- Manage platforms, product, and target process efficiencies
- Grow audience and revenue through cross-channel marketing
- Business Ownership & Strategy
- Direct-to-consumer Product
- Digital Product Management
- Audience Development
- Cross-channel Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Market Research
- Data & Analytics
- Platform Ownership
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Vendor Management
- Remote and Cross-functional Team Management
- Graphic Design
- Digital Photo Retouching
- Lover of Dogs
Platforms & Systems
A strong background of system management, utilization and user training with an agility to interpret new platforms quickly. Experience includes but is not limited to:
- Analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture)
- Project Tracking (Jira, Quickbase)
- Microsoft Excel
- Exact Target
- Payment Technologies (Sterling, Stripe)
- Adobe CC
- Online Learning (Thought Industries, Blackboard, GoToWebinar)
13+ years in media & publishing. 8+ years in digital media. 10+ years in consumer products.
Market experience includes: Publishing, Outdoors, Home Repair, Crafts & Artisans, Collectables, Restaurant, Jewelry Retail
Manager of New Digital Product and Product Marketing
Trusted Media Brands, Inc.
September 2016 – present
I was recruited to evaluate and grow the company’s online learning investment and manage digital product that falls outside of the portfolio core.
- Within in the first two months, saved the business $60K annually by renegotiating 3rd-party platform contract.
- Effectively decreased bounce rate by 20% and increased purchases by 187% by repositioning product offers, revamping messaging, and working with designer to relaunch the homepage.
- Wrote and pitched C-suite approved business plan, including content and marketing strategy, where top-line revenue will increase by 250% in year 1 and 600% over 3 years.
- Targeted and successfully hired missing talent.
In managing and growing the business I:
- Coordinate marketing through owned, paid, and earned media (email, SEM, SEO, etc… ).
- Identify new B2C digital product opportunities from analyzing customer needs, marketplace holes, competition, and brand input.
- Manage business partnerships for testing product to new audiences.
- Establish new process for capturing customer and employee feedback and ideation (pitch sessions, customer service reports).
- Act as technical manager of systems including payment platforms, websites, and LMS.
- Develop requirements and collaborate with developers, designers, and support departments in an agile workflow environment.
Director, Digital Business Strategy | January 2016 – September 2016
Online Product Manager | November 2011 – December 2015
F+W, a Content & eCommerce Company
November 2011 – September 2016
Part of the digital team that grew the company’s ecommerce revenue from $6MM to $60MM by 2014. I started with the Outdoors and Collectables vertical communities, given the increased responsibility of the Crafts markets with $11MM in consolidated revenue, and was later promoted to Director.
- Instrumental in growing YOY digital revenue 12%, from $6.5MM to $7.4MM in assigned markets.
- Identified and developed online learning product line worth $500K in recurring annual revenue.
- Partnered with contributors and marketing team to grow average online event registration revenue 150% to 290% YOY.
- Conducted audit and competitive research to develop ecommerce experience improvement plan allowing for 35% annual growth.
- Supported launch of the company’s first live-streaming TV show which targeted outdoors sportsmen.
- P&L and technical owner of the digital portfolio for multiple assigned brands.
- Key stakeholder who interacted regularly with and presented to executive leaders.
- Managed the product lifecycle including gathering and writing requirements, testing, deployment, and success measurement.
- Connected and guided multi-disciplined teams of marketing, development, audience, and editorial.
- Defined key milestones and utilized performance indicators (KPIs) to measure success.
- Conducted data and competitive analysis to provide strategic operational leadership.
- Supervised a team of 6 direct reports specializing in online content creation, content marketing, email acquisition, and social engagement.
- Responsible for the health and success of email lists in assigned brands and developed customer segmentation profiles for improved targeted email marketing.
- Created training documents and mentored staff on platform use and analytical decision making.
Manufacturing Lead (Senior Buyer) | March 2010 – November 2011
Manufacturing Coordinator | March 2007 – March 2010
Assoc. Manufacturing Coordinator | December 2005 – March 2007
Reprint Assistant | March 2005 – December 2005
March 2005 – November 2011
- Responsible for coordinating and buying over $2.25MM annually in book and kit manufacturing.
- Inventory manager and purchaser of over $1MM in paper supporting three divisions.
- Created a new digital workflow and solutions for cross-department schedules and purchase orders.
- New Reality Award recipient, for continued efforts to redefine and improve process.
- Managed internal deadlines, vendor schedules, and purchasing for over 250 projects annually.
- Developed and maintained strategic relationships with domestic and international vendors.
- Worked closely with the Publisher and Art Director to design packaging and recommend cost-effective solutions.
- Conducted materials research, estimate requests, vendor negotiation, scheduling, quality control and logistics coordination.
- Responsible for annual budgeting, invoice investigation, and reconciliation of inventory discrepancies.
December 2003 – March 2005
Serving the B2B restaurant industry with 40,000 national distribution.
- Responsible for visual layout, production, print purchasing, and quality control.
- Managed relationship with outside creative agency and communicated visual strategy ensuring brand style.
- Supported sales by advising on effective advertising placement.
- Collaborated with web designer to improve web site with advertiser database, issue archive, email tracking, and subscription form.
- Represented company at industry events and restaurant openings.
Customer Service Associate
2001 – 2004
Founder | Bass Gal, LLC
2009 – 2011
Ladies outdoors apparel brand.
As someone who fished local tournaments and saw the limited apparel options for women in the sport, I conceptualized, developed, and launched a ladies outdoors apparel brand targeting the growing demographic of female freshwater fishing enthusiasts. One of the most humbling and powerful experiences I remember is when a little girl walked up to me and said “I want to be a fisherwoman when I grow up!”
Although I forfeited my suburban lifestyle (and quick access to fresh water) to move to New York City and grow my digital publishing career, I see great opportunity for outdoors brands to serve this demographic. My experience with the bass fishing sport and Bass Gal helped me segue into becoming Online Product Manager at F+W Media, Inc. for the outdoors multi-channel brand of Deer & Deer Hunting.
Freelancer | Arie Creative
2004 – 2010
Graphic design services.
Specialized in the creation of marketing collateral, promotional items, and advertising design for small business.
Survivors by the Sea | Volunteer & Designer
2008 – present
Introduced to Survivors by the Sea by my Aunt during her cancer treatment, this group is full of love and support for each other. Over the years I’ve been able to help by: designing, building, and training members to use their first WordPress site; designing their logo representing safe passage, volunteering at events, and much more. A little more about the group… .
Our goal is to Pay It Forward. We nurture patients and their families through treatment with love, experience and empathy. Beyond treatment, we help survivors maintain their quality of life through continued support and friendship and healthy living. survivorsbythesea.org
Cristo Rey High School | Work-study Program Intern Supervisor
Cristo Rey’s central challenge is providing access to a quality college-preparatory education for students from low-income families. The Corporate Work Study Program provides valuable life skills, delivering not a hand-out to students from less fortunate backgrounds, but a hand up.
Salesian Boys & Girls Club | Volunteer & Counselor
1993 – 1996
Having great memories as a member, I was happy to give back by growing into a youth summer program camp counselor and then activities director. The Salesian Boys & Girls club provides the East Boston youth a safe place for indoor and outdoor summer activities.